English Toffee Bars
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. margarine or butter
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. milk chocolate pieces
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with
- foil. Grease well.
- Arrange crackers on bottom of
- pan, breaking, if necessary, to completely cover pan.
- sugar and margarine
- in a medium pan.
- Cook and
- medium-high heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat;
- pour over crackers.
- in a
- oven 5 minutes.
- oven. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
- When chocolate is soft, spread over top of sugar mixture.
- nuts. Chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- size pieces.
- Makes 24 to 36 pieces.