- 6 c. diced potatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 c. crushed cornflakes
- Peel and dice potatoes; place in bowl of cold, salted water. Drain potatoes and dry on paper towels.
- Mix 1/2 cup butter, onions, soup, sour cream and cheese; stir well.
- Add potatoes to mixture and pour into a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Crush cornflakes, mix with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle cornflakes and butter on top of potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.