- 1 1/2 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. shortening
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (unbeaten)
- 1 tsp. hot water
- 1 c. nut meats, cut fine
- 2 (14 oz.) pkg. Nestle semi-sweet chocolate, in pieces
- 2 c. oatmeal (quick or regular; uncooked)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift flour once before measuring, then sift with soda and salt. Cream shortening until soft.
- Add sugars gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add hot water to creamed mixture, then sifted dry ingredients.
- Add nut meats, Nestle chocolate and oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Drop by half teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet.
- Nut meats may be omitted.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes.
- Makes 100.