Poached Chicken Breast In Wine
- 4 (4 oz.) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 3/4 c. Chablis or other dry wine
- 2 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten
- to 1/4 inch; set aside.
- Combine wine and next 4 ingredients
- large skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Arrange
- in a single layer in skillet.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken
- and water; stir
- mixture to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Yields 4 servings.