Summer Squash Casserole
- 2 lb. yellow sumer squash or zucchini, sliced (6 c.)
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. dairy sour cream
- 1 c. shredded carrot
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. herb seasoned stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm; not cubed)
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
- In a saucepan cook sliced squash and chopped onion in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Combine soup and sour cream. Stir in shredded carrot.
- Fold in drained squash and onion. Combine stuffing mix and butter or margarine.
- Spread half of stuffing mixture on bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture on top.
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing over vegetables.
- Bake in 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.