- 2 lb. chicken or lamb
- 1 lb. rice
- 2 large eggplant
- 1 head cauliflower
- a few potatoes, sliced thin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. bahar (Middle Eastern spice)
- Soak the rice for 1 hour in warm water.
- Cook the meat in water.
- Remove the meat and add a little butter or margarine in the water.
- Put this water left over with the rice.
- Fry the eggplant and cauliflower with cooking oil.
- In a large pot, put the meat in the bottom, then the eggplant and cauliflower, then the rice and water from meat on top.
- Cover pot and cook to a boil until the water begins to dry (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Turn heat down to low until it is all dry.
- Turn heat off and let set for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn upside down on a platter.
- Serves a lot.
- Serve with yogurt or salad.