Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- 1 c. oil
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. dry milk powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 c. finely shredded carrots
- In large mixing bowl blend oil and sugars until mixed.
- Add vanilla and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl blend dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture until well blended.
- By hand, stir in carrots and walnuts.
- pour into greased and floured tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan; invert on serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Could use glaze or cream cheese icing.