Ribbon Layer Jello
- 4 (3 oz.) pkg. jello, make each pkg. separately
- 1 c. hot water for each pkg. jello
- 1/2 c. cold water for each pkg. jello
- 2 pkg. Knox gelatine
- 2 c. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 pt. sour cream
- Dissolve Knox gelatine in 1/2 cup cold water; put aside. Bring to a boil, milk and sugar.
- Add gelatine mixture, sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat until thick, about 10 minutes, with electric mixer.
- Separate this into 3 parts.
- Layer jello in desired order.
- (Red on top for Christmas or green on top for St. Pat's day.
- Christmas layers are green, white mixture, orange white mixture, yellow white mixture and red.)
- Let each layer set 45 minutes before adding next layer.
- Mix each jello separate before making layers.
- Time consuming but very decorative.