Fat-Free Banana Crunch Muffins
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. wheat and barley cereal nuggets
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 c.)
- 1/2 c. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 c. thawed frozen no-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- About 40 minutes before serving or early in the day:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 24 mini muffin pan cups (1 3/4 x 1-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix first 6 ingredients. In large bowl with wire whisk or fork, mix bananas, yogurt, egg substitute and vanilla; stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into muffin pan cups.
- Bake muffins 20 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin pan cups to wire racks.
- Serve muffins warm or let cool on wire racks to serve later.
- Makes 24 muffins.
- Each muffin contains 55 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol and 65 mg sodium.
- Calories from fat: