Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed chicken broth (undiluted)
- 1 qt. milk
- 2 c. sliced carrots, parboiled
- 1 c. sliced celery, parboiled
- 2 c. broccoli florets, parboiled
- 1/2 lb. process American cheese, cut into cubes
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter.
- Add flour and stir to make paste.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and broccoli; heat through.
- Add cheese; heat until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
- 6 to 8 servings (2 quarts).