- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tsp. sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In blender combine eggs, egg yolks, milk, flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mixture should be consistency of unbeaten whipping cream.
- Set aside in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and stir well with whisk. Heat 9-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub lightly with butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of crepe batter in center of pan, tilting and angling pan to spread batter evenly over entire bottom. Return pan to heat and cook 1 minute, until top of crepe appears dry.
- Turn crepe and cook briefly on opposite side.
- Remove to plate and repeat until all batter is used.
- Leftover crepes can be stored in refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap 2 days.
- Makes 12 crepes.