Hot And Spicy Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, skinned, cooked and chopped
- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. diced celery
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. onion (thin wedges)
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1/2 c. taco salsa
- Combine chicken, corn, broth, celery and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add salsa. Stir 2 tablespoons water into cornstarch.
- Add to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until bubbles.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes. Prepare cornbread according to package.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 10 x 6 x 2-inch dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno peppers. Spoon cornbread on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425°.