Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter flavor Crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavor
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease baking sheet with butter flavor Crisco.
- Combine Crisco, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with mixer.
- Blend well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonful of dough 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Cool, then serve.