Beef And Shell Bake
- 1/2 pkg. Creamette shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. American cheese, grated
- Prepare Creamette shells according to package directions. Drain.
- Cook ground beef, celery and onion.
- Drain excess fat. Add tomatoes with liquid (breaking up with spoon), tomato paste, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine meat mixture with shells and pour into a 3-quart casserole.
- Top with cheese. Bake in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes.