- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 c. flour
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar and beat until mixture is very stiff and light, about 15 minutes at high speed on electric mixer.
- Add extract, flour and soda; mix thoroughly.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface with regular rolling pin to 1/2 to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Roll with springerle rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness, pressing only once for clear imprint.
- Cut along dividing lines to separate cookies.