Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- Blend together sugar, salt, flour and cornstarch.
- Stir in water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir a little of this hot mixture into beaten egg yolks.
- Combine mixes and cook a minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice, rind and butter.
- Pour in baked pastry shell.
- Brown in slow oven at 325° for 14 to 20 minutes or until meringue is delicately browned.