Life Saver Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 pkg. Life Savers
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and lemon extract.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Roll dough 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Cut a small hole in center with a sharp knife. Place cookies on foil covered baking sheet.
- Place a Life Saver in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 375° for 7 to 9 minutes until lightly browned or until candy is melted.
- Cool on baking sheet. Store in layers between wax paper.
- These freeze nicely.
- Yields 6 dozen.