Hot Tuna Appetizer
- 1 (7 oz.) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3/4 c. chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped pimento
- 1 egg, hard-cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 c. Russian dressing
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cognac
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 6 thin white bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, anchovies, green pepper, pimento, egg and 2 tablespoons Russian dressing.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix remaining Russian dressing with cognac and set aside.
- In hot butter in a chafing dish or larger pan, saute bread until well browned and butter is absorbed.
- In same pan, spread tuna mixture over bread.
- Cover with Russian dressing mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce over each. Heat over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until very hot.
- Serve immediately.