Punch Bowl Cake
- 2 layer-size yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 oz.) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (16 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 (6 oz.) pkg. shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 (8 oz.) c. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- maraschino cherries (optional)
- Prepare cake mix by package directions.
- Bake into layers. Cool layers.
- Prepare 1 box pudding mix.
- Place 1 cake layer (cut into cubes) in bottom of punch bowl.
- Spoon the prepared pudding mix evenly over cake.
- Top with half of fruit cocktail, 1 can pineapple, 1/2 of fruit cocktail, 1/2 of cherry pie filling, 1 cup nuts and 1 package coconut.
- Spread 1 container whipped topping evenly over top.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish top with maraschino cherries, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.