English Muffin Loaf
- 2 pkg. yeast
- 6 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. water
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- Heat liquid until very warm (120° to 130°).
- Add to dry ingredients. Beat well.
- Stir in rest of flour to make stiff batter.
- Spoon into 2 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle tops with cornmeal and cover. Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Remove immediately.