Buttermilk Brownie Cake
- 1 c. butter
- 1/3 c. cocoa
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- In a saucepan combine butter, cocoa and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, soda and salt.
- Stir in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add cocoa mixture; mix until blended. Pour into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Immediately pour frosting over brownies; spread evenly.