- 3 lb. ground beef
- 2 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cumin seed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 18 c. chopped lettuce
- 8 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. corn chips, crushed
- Combine first 7 ingredients in crock-pot; mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until done to taste. Heat cheese and tomatoes in saucepan until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Layer lettuce, ground beef sauce, tomatoes, cheese sauce and crushed corn chips on individual plates.
- 12 servings.