Madge'S Refrigerator Rolls
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 1/2 c. lukewarm water
- 1 pt. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening or oleo
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 6 c. sifted flour
- Put sugar over yeast in lukewarm water and let foam.
- Scald milk, sugar, oleo and salt.
- When cool, add dissolved yeast.
- Fold in egg whites, stir in flour.
- Dough should be soft.
- Do not add more flour.
- Let stand covered until double in size.
- Stir down and put covered in refrigerator.
- Let set overnight.
- Bake in muffin tins.
- Two small balls dipped in melted oleo forms one roll.