Ham And Braunschweiger Pate
- 1/2 pound braunschweiger liverwurst
- 9 ounces ham spread
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, blend the braunschweiger liverwurst, ham spread, dry mustard, pepper, thyme, hot sauce and beer.
- In small bowl, soften the gelatin in the water.
- Bring the beef broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Mix in the gelatin, allowing it to dissolve. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Blend the gelatinized beef broth with the braunschweiger liverwurst mixture. Transfer the mixture to a 4 cup mold and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Transfer the chilled mixture to a platter, and sprinkle with parsley before serving.