- 2 c. warm water
- 1 pkg. yeast (RapidRise)
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter or shortening
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add other ingredients, then add 1 to 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour.
- Blend with electric mixer.
- Add slowly bread flour (3 1/2 to 4 cups; total wheat and bread flour should be 5 cups).
- After 3 cups flour are mixed with electric mixer, fold the balance of flour with a wooden spoon.
- Put on a floured board or wax paper and knead.
- Next, put in oiled bowl. Oil top of dough and press wax paper down over dough.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Divide dough and put in pans and let rise again.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown and pulled away from sides.
- This will make 2 big loaves or 4 small loaves.