- 1 small eggplant
- 4 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- oregano flakes
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and cut eggplant into 1/4-inch slices.
- Peel tomatoes and slice.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, arrange a layer of eggplant; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put a layer of tomatoes on top; sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano flakes you have crushed with your fingers and cheese.
- Repeat layers until casserole is full, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover; bake in a 400° oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until eggplant is tender when tested with fork.