Chili Con Carne
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 medium-size garlic, finely cut
- 2 to 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (No. 2 1/2) can tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 (No. 303) can kidney beans
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- Heat a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- Add hamburger, onion and garlic.
- Stir until meat is browned.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients well.
- Turn beans (that have been rinsed in cold water and drained) and tomatoes into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling; add spaghetti.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 30 minutes, stirring often.
- If chili is too thick, add a little hot water.
- Serves 4.