10 Minute Peanut Brittle
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. raw peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. soda
- In 2-quart casserole (I use 2-quart measuring cup), mix the sugar, syrup and salt.
- Microwave on High for 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Microwave on High for 2 to 6 minutes or until syrup and peanuts are lightly browned, stirring after every 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until light and foamy.
- Spread to 1/4-inch thickness on a large well-buttered cookie sheet.
- When cool, break into small pieces.