Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. flour (sifted 3 times)
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add milk, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and combine with other mixture.
- Add enough additional flour to roll out and cut.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in oven at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Yield: approximately 4 dozen.
- Happy eating!